How is LAVH carried out?
- This procedure is performed in a specialised operating room with the patient under general anaesthetic.
- The doctor then inserts a laparoscope into the abdomen and inflates the body with carbon dioxide to make all organs visible.
- Small metal tubes, trocars, and other microsurgery equipment are utilised to execute this procedure through incisions created on the belly.
- A camera mounted on the top captures images of the body and displayed them on the display monitor.
- The uterus is separated by detaching the Fallopian tubes, ovaries, and other pelvic structures. They are separated from the ligaments, and their blood supply is cut off.
- An incision is made through which the specimen is returned, and after all of these are removed, they are sewed back through stitches.
What are the benefits of using LAVH?
This procedure has a few advantages, which is highly suggested because of them. Here are a few of them
- The incisions used in this procedure are quite tiny.
- Compared to other procedures such as abdominal hysterectomy or vaginal hysterectomy, the scars, agony, and recovery time are significantly reduced.
- Women who have never had a child are permitted to get a vaginal hysterectomy.
- When all of the indications and the surgery are considered together, it is apparent that laparoscopically assisted vaginal hysterectomy is the easiest method. This is due to the carbon dioxide in the body inflating it. The organs are viewable on screen, making the procedure easier.
- You don’t have to convert an abdominal hysterectomy into a vaginal hysterectomy with laparoscopic-assisted vaginal hysterectomy, which is one of the finest advantages.
At Sanjeevini hospitals, Bengaluru is the pioneer in performing a Laparoscopically assisted vaginal hysterectomy. Our obstetricians & gynaecologists, and a surgical gynaecologist have hands-on expertise, and they take care of the patient’s health that ensuring a speedy recovery. If you are looking for LAVH surgery in Bengaluru, please fix an appointment with our top-notch doctors. They will explain the details, clear all your doubts, and make a tailor-made treatment plan accordingly.